Chartered in 1947, the Greenville Gun Club initially offered only trap and skeet ranges. As the club grew over the years, it incorporated rifle and pistol disciplines as well. In 2009 it was reorganized as a non-profit for the benefit of its members. The Greenville Gun Club now features two club houses, a training facility, outdoor pistol and rifle ranges, trap, skeet and 5-stand fields. Monthly and annual tournaments draw competitors from all across the United States and even from overseas (for example Australia, Canada and Europe).
The club’s membership remains constant at about 1100 members, mostly from Upstate South Carolina and neighboring states. A Board of Directors governs operations and consists of a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer, as well as two Rifle Directors, two Pistol Directors, a Trap Director, a Skeet Director, a 5-stand Director and a Safety Director. Elections are held annually for four positions on a rotating basis. For better continuity, each director may hold his/her position for up to three years.
For more information regarding membership or visiting the range, please see our Membership section.